Featuring decorative Eastlake brackets, a low-pitched roof and a bay window, this house was built in 1887 by John McConaughy. Born in 1809, he came to San Diego in 1882. He died in 1889. He spent much of his life in Northern California, running a large ranch there. The Keating family acquired the home in 1888. Fanny Keating offered the home for temporary use as the Hospital of the Good Samaritan, a favorite charity of her late husband. The house was moved to the park in January 1981. Former address: 1569 Union Street. City of San Diego Historic Site #114, designated Nov. 5, 1976.
Hours – Daily, sunrise to sunset
Phone – (877) 565-3600 & (858) 565-3600
Address – 2490 Heritage Park Row, San Diego, CA 92110