This holiday season, Diane Powers’ award-winning Casa Guadalajara restaurant is serving special holiday dishes infused with authentic Mexican flavors.
- Holiday Turkey Mole Tamales, an annual favorite for take-out holiday meals and at-home entertaining, handmade tamales filled with turkey, raisins, chopped pecans and apples, the tamales are topped with a mole sauce and sesame seeds.
- Chipotle Cranberry Chicken, a twist on a festive dinner. Grilled chicken with chipotle-cranberry sauce, topped with fresh mango salsa and salsa verde and drizzled with crema Mexicana.
- Enchiladas Navidañes, a festive and flavorful dish. Two corn tortillas filled with carnitas, onions and cilantro then topped with a rich, cranberry-chipotle mole sauce and drizzled with crema Mexicana.
- Pumpkin Empanadas, two handmade Mexican turnovers filled with delicious pumpkin and service with vanilla ice cream.
- Pumpkin Flan, creamy flan infused with fresh pumpkin and holiday spices then garnished with sugar and cinnamon cream.
- Mexican Hot Chocolate, a rich and sweet warm drink made with Mexican chocolate, topped with a hint of cinnamon.
Casa Guadalajara features vibrant, spacious dining rooms and patios that are overflowing with festive and colorful holiday décor – providing a visual feast for all, as well as ample outdoor heating.
The holiday menus are available through the New Year.
In addition to these seasonal items, Powers’ restaurant offers Fiesta Express Meals for those looking to celebrate the holidays in the comfort of their own home. Fiesta Express Meals, available in street tacos and fajitas, include all the essential ingredients needed to host an at-home holiday fiesta with a Mexican twist.
About the Bazaar del Mundo Restaurant Group
Diane Powers’ restaurants Casa Guadalajara, Casa de Pico and Casa de Bandini have earned numerous awards, including, the Gold Medallion Award by the San Diego Restaurant Association, the “Award of Excellence” by Zagat Surveys and several first-place prizes at the Ensenada International Seafood Fair. The restaurants have also been named, “Best Mexican Restaurant” by The San Diego Union-Tribune, San Diego Home Garden/Lifestyles and San Diego Magazine and as one of the “50 Best Hispanic Restaurants” in the nation by Hispanic magazine.
All reflect Powers’ love of delicious Mexican flavors as well as her design expertise, creative use of brilliant festive color and adherence to the spirit of the Latin American marketplace and Mexican flavors. Powers has traveled throughout the world to acquire unusual merchandise and décor for her restaurants, as well as impressive artifacts for the gorgeous courtyards and exterior environments. For more information, visit www.bazaardelmundo.com.
- Sat-Sun: 10am-9pm
- Mon-Fri: 11am-9pm
Phone – (619) 295-5111
Address – 4105 Taylor St, San Diego, CA 92110
Website – www.casaguadalajara.com