As the vibrant celebration of Día de Los Muertos unfolds in Old Town San Diego, the air will be filled with the enchanting melodies of live music, creating a harmonious tapestry of tradition and festivity. From Saturday, October 28, to Thursday, November 2, prepare to be serenaded and entertained by a lineup of talented musicians and dancers, each adding their unique flavor to this culturally rich event.
Fiesta de Reyes: Saturday, October 28, Sunday, October 29, Wednesday, November 1, and Thursday, November 2
- Folklorico Dancers (12 pm – 3 pm): Be captivated by the vibrant Folklorico dancers as they bring to life the spirited dances of Mexican folklore.
- Los Rios Mariachi Fusion (3:30 pm – 5:30 pm): The fusion of traditional mariachi music with contemporary elements will have you tapping your feet and swaying to the rhythms.
- Luis Max & Blue Moon (6 pm – 9 pm): Let the soulful sounds of Luis Max & Blue Moon carry you away into the evening, creating the perfect ambiance for celebration.
Old Town Market: Saturday, October 28, Sunday, October 29, and Thursday, November 2
- Alicia Leon (Saturday, 3 pm – 7 pm): Alicia Leon’s music will set the tone for an afternoon of cultural immersion.
- Mark Lopez (Sunday, 11 am – 2 pm): Join Mark Lopez for a musical journey that complements the Día de Los Muertos festivities.
- Fiesta Luna (Thursday, 6 pm – 9 pm): Fiesta Luna’s captivating tunes will infuse the evening with energy and celebration.
Rockin’ Baja Lobster: Saturday, October 28, and Sunday, October 29
- Santana pa Ti (Saturday, 5 pm – 9 pm; Sunday, 12 pm – 4 pm): Santana pa Ti’s vibrant music promises to keep the festivities going with their dynamic performances.
Café Coyote: Saturday, October 28, and Sunday, October 29
- Coyote’s Barones (11 am – 9 pm): The lively sounds of Coyote’s Barones will accompany your dining experience, creating an authentic atmosphere.
Casa de Freds: Saturday, October 28
- Jonathan Ford (1 pm – 4:30 pm): Enjoy the musical talents of Jonathan Ford as he provides the soundtrack for your afternoon.
- Victor Santana (12 pm – 3 pm): Victor Santana’s melodic tunes will enhance the ambiance of Casa de Freds.
Old Town Mexican Café: Sunday, October 29, and Thursday, November 2
- Mariachi Serenade San Diego (Sunday, 9 am – 12:30 pm; Thursday, 5 pm – 8:30 pm): Let the Mariachi Serenade San Diego enchant you with their soulful and spirited mariachi melodies.
From lively mariachi to enchanting folklorico dancers and soulful performances, the live music at Día de Los Muertos in Old Town San Diego promises to immerse you in the essence of this beloved tradition. Come together, savor the sounds, and celebrate the rich heritage and cultural vibrancy of Día de Los Muertos. It’s an experience that will resonate in your heart and memories long after the festivities conclude.