Burton House Pediments and dentil cornices, attributed to classic sources, mark this 1893 Classic Revival house. It was built during a trend that began to eliminate the elaborate home decorations of the Victorian era.
The home was built by retired Army physician Dr. Henry Guild Burton, who served from 1876 to 1892. He spent some of his time stationed at the San Diego Barracks. The Christian, Bushyhead and Burton homes were all moved to the park the week of Aug. 25, 1976, at a cost of $427,000. Former Address: 1970 Third Avenue.
Hours – Daily, sunrise to sunset
Phone – (877) 565-3600 & (858) 565-3600
Address – 2454 Heritage Park Row, San Diego, CA 92110
Website – www.sdparks.org/content/sdparks/en/park-pages/Heritage.html